When your website is ready to be presented to the public, the question arises – how website submit to search engines should be performed to get the maximum benefit at minimum time. Currently there is no simple answer to the question of website submission to search engines. On the Internet you can find totally opposite views about whether or not you should submit web site to search engines. Despite this situation, you can easy and with a minimal effort perform the scope of required works for website submit to search engines and speed up the appearance of your web pages in search engines. In addition, it is of no cost. Read below about submitting site to search engines.
Updated: January 08, 2013.
Website Submit to Search Engines.
Many marketers consider that they should submit web site to search engines to the maximum extent, even to the smallest search engines (the most complete list of search engines you will find at Wikipedia, click the banner at the left). We just note here that we do not support such approach, as it is very time-consuming and it is not effective since small search engines do not possess a substantial share of search engines market. Other marketers believe that this work should not be done at all, since the search engines themselves will find pages on your website and rank them. They believe that due to the fact that your website has inbound links from other websites the search engines already know about. So, search engines will enter your website and will start making indexing of your pages through these inbound links.
We believe that the truth is in the middle – you need to submit web site to search engines from the TOP 5, this will be enough and not time-consuming. This will speed up the process of perception of your web site by main search engines, like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Below we provide more detailed information how to do it.
1. Some Important Observations.
It is well known that one of the most effective ways of submitting targeted and free traffic to your website is getting listed in Google and other popular search engines. However, there are some very important features that you need to know.
The first thing you should know is that around 95% of search engines traffic comes from Google, Yahoo and Bing. You should also know that many search engines feed search results of other engines. For example, well-known AOL uses the results which come from Google. So, once your web pages ranked by Google’s search engine, then the same rankings will apply at AOL.
You can find many suggestions, ads, and offers for search engine submit software and services on the Internet. Normally, they promise they will submit your website to hundreds (or even thousands) of search engines for a certain payment. Do not fall for these tricks, it’s a waste of time and money.
2. Preparation for Website Submission to Search Engines.
In order to properly prepare for your website submission to search engines it would be good to know – what the search engines look for when determining your page rank. Please, find a few minutes and read about Page Rank.
The preparation procedure can be very easy performed:
- Take your time and do not submit to search engines unmade to the end pages (and the whole website). We will not list here numerous requirements to the web pages (like consist of the title, description, keyword tag, etc), we just advise you to use, for example, SEOWORKERS Analyzer tool, which will analyze each page quickly and tell you exactly what to fix. It’s very easy to use, and it is free.
- Make sure you’re okay with your website map. Website map will improve search engine optimization of your website by making sure that all your pages can be found by search engines. If you are using WordPress – it can do everything automatically. If you created the website in the HTML code – create a XML sitemap using, for example, XML-sitemaps (Sitemap Generator).
- Add a Favicon.ico to your website. The favicon – is a small image that represents your website (like a logo), usually displayed in the tab title (if the tabs of the browser) while surfing your website. Read about the importance of favicon.ico
- And of course check again the content of all your pages. They should be easy and pleasant to read, and do not contain a big number of grammatical errors.
After a careful implementation of all the preliminary works you can perform your website submission to search engines.
3. Submitting the Site to Search Engines.
So, we give below a list of 5 most important search engines of the WEB, strictly speaking, you should definitely submit your website (URL) to the first three from the list. It is very easy to do because these search engines have direct options for URL submission.
After you complete your website URL submission search engines will take time to review and accept your website, this can range from several days to several weeks. As soon your website is accepted you will see it in the list of search results (by input of your URL or website name in a search box of a specific search engine). Usually Google makes it much faster than others.
|1.||Submit your website to Google (http://www.google.com) Re: has direct option for URL submission.|
|2.||Submit your website to Yahoo (http://www.yahoo.com) Re: has direct option for URL submission, you need to open an account, it is free.|
|3.||Submit your website to Bing (http://www.bing.com) Re: has direct option for URL submission.|
|4.||Submit your website to Ask (http://www.ask.com) Re: do not has direct option for URL submission, send information about your URL by firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|5.||Submit your website to Aol (http://www.aol.com) AOL’s search draws from Google Search and DMOZ (the Open Directory), so you must generally submit to both to get listed at Aol. DMOZ: http://www.dmoz.org/add.html Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/…|
Do not forget to start link building works after you made your website submit to search engines. Search engines consider the number and quality of links to your website at ranking procedure. The more links (and quality links) to your website you have, the higher chances of getting a high level of PR you’ll have, and, therefore, the higher chances to get more visitors to your website from search engines.
4. Search Engines, Website and Online Business.
|——————————– Excellent ability to have everything in one place!|
If you plan to create a money making website and do not want to experience great discomfort from the lack of knowledge of a number of features of the online business, including search engines ranking, then you should pay attention to the SiteSell (SBI) services. It is well known and reputable company that develops and sells websites, targeted at a wide range of consumers: retired people, stay-at-home moms, start-up online businesses, full-time and part-time workers, etc.
What is the advantage of buying the site from SBI? You get a ready-themed website with optimized web pages that will be well regarded by leading search engines. This ensures a good level of rankings and will let you to get free and targeted traffic. If you are a beginner to online business, you will find it difficult at first, but then, step by step, you will understand how everything works and will be able to make changes, for example, to insert in the website ads that you want, to post your original content, etc.
The biggest advantage of SBI is that they do not just build a website for you – they’re building for you a business according to your wishes. Why are these websites popular – because, being initially optimized for search engines, they quickly payback and begin to generate income to the owner.
Сomments on Topic – Website Submit to Search Engines.
As for your website submission, you must first perform a minimum of actions (listed below), and then increase the number of submissions:
- Make website submit to search engines when it’s completely ready. Don’t submit URL more than once a month. Multiple submissions could be considered spamming and removed from listed websites.
- Submit manually your website at least to Google, Yahoo and Bing. For example, Google crawls the internet on a regular basis in search of new content, so many sites that are already listed in Google’s search results may not actually need to be submitted to other search engines.
- Obligatorily submit your website to DMOZ web directory.